Clock Setup 1
Setting up your new
Powers of 2® clock
| [A] Plug the connector at the end of the power unit cord into the socket in the hole in the bottom of the clock.
[B] Turn the cord to slip it into the channel, and then
[C] rotate the cord to secure it in place.
- Now, plug the power unit into a 120V 60 Hz outlet [the normal U.S. power line].
A row of lights will scan up and down on the face of the clock to indicate that the clock has been powered on, but that the time has not yet been set. This scan will exercise all 20 lights.
- Caution: Make sure you are not holding down any of the set buttons while you are plugging the unit in. This will result in 24 hr or 50 Hz mode.
Setting the time [D]
- Hours: To set hours, push and release the button marked H on the rear of the clock to advance the hours by one unit. Holding the "H" button down will automatically cycle the hours forward.
- Minutes: To set minutes, repeat the above procedure, except use the button marked M.
- Seconds: To reset the seconds counter to zero, push the H and the M buttons at the same time. Release them both to allow the seconds to advance.
-24 Hour clock: To activate the 24 hour mode (11 PM = 2300), hold in the "H" button when applying power to the unit.
- 50 Hz operation: Hold in the "M" button when applying power to the unit.
- 24 Hour and 50 Hz operation: Hold both the "H" and the "M" button when applying power to the unit.